So you bought a computer, and it does not have a favorite operating system - Windows XP.What to do in such a case?Read a guide for beginners how to install Windows XP on a laptop.The procedure, in principle, is not particularly difficult, the main thing - step through repeat installation steps.
Introduction to the installation W indows
First of all, you should find out which interface connected to your hard drive - IDE or SATA.Why is it important to read this documentation?Because original Windows distribution is no software for some SATA chips from Intel. identify this interface will not be as attached device.And then how to install Windows XP on a laptop?
Fortunately, most devices enables the so-called compatible mode IDE disks.This is done through the BIOS.If this option is enabled, Windows recognizes any SATA-HDD for "your."However, if your chipset not from Intel or AMD 7 compatibility option is not required.
Recording installation package
Before you install Windows on a laptop with drivers Serial Ata, you need to find or create the installation distribution.It is a set of necessary files in the compressed form, which contains the operating system, drivers and applications.There are several approaches to the creation of a set of drivers SATA:
- recording on a floppy disk.At the time of installing windows glide across the message that when you press the F6 key, you can install additional drivers from the floppy disk.But if there is no usb-drive, in such a setup no sense.
- After installing the necessary software to install, and then disable the compatibility mode.
- Integrate SATA driver in the original distribution.
We dwell in more detail on the ability to install Windows XP on a laptop with a built-in drivers SATA.The steps of the installation process shown below.
- Record the Packed copy of Windows XP (distribution) to a CD.It is expected that the integration of the driver was successful.
- expose in BIOS first boot device CD-ROM drive.In this case, the program installation will start automatically.
- When the system is already installed on the PC or laptop, will install the SATA driver from the CD.
How to install windows xp on a laptop.Driver Integration steps
- Copy distribution, as is, on any unoccupied section, for example, D, into a specific folder.Download the driver from the Internet resources devoted specifically to this topic.
- Or extract the image of the system CD in .iso format with a suitable archiver.
- Install the program to build the windows - nLite.
- start up program.Specify the location of the distribution.
- select the "Drivers" and "Bootable ISO image."
- Press "Import" and specify the location of the driver (folder).
- then choose a specific driver from intel and amd, depending on the manufacturer's chipset.
- dialog "apply changes" agree and click "yes".
- final version of the distribution record to CD option Direct Burn-Record.
- again give consent, now in the process of recording.Upon its completion, the distribution system is formed with the SATA driver.
How to start the installation W indows
Before turning to enter the BIOS, holding key sandwiched ins, del, F8 or the other.When downloading is displayed at the bottom of the screen, press it.To find
tab or Bootable Boot, go to the list of recognized devices.
Use the +/- keys, or perhaps, F5 / F6 to change the boot order of the system devices.First on the list should be your CD-ROM drive.
Save the changes and restart the laptop.
Further, the problem how to install Windows XP on a laptop, will take over the installation wizard.You may have to enter the product key, and answer a few questions on the regional settings.Also, in the wizard will be questions about installing a network, that is to install a standard version of the TCP / IP protocol, or with a choice of individual subcomponents.The entire work process usually takes about 30-40 minutes.