In nature there are no colors as such.Each color that we see this or that specifies the length of the wave.The red color is formed under the influence of the longest wavelength and constitutes one of the two faces of the visible spectrum.
On the nature of color
The emergence of a particular color can be explained through the laws of physics.All colors and shades are the results of the brain processes the information received through the eyes in the form of light of different wavelengths.In the absence of waves of people see black, and at one-time impact of the entire spectrum - white.
Colours are determined by the ability of their surfaces to absorb certain wavelengths and to repel all others.Illumination is also important: the brighter the light, the more intense the reflected wave, and the brighter the object appears.
Users are able to distinguish more than one hundred thousand colors.Loved by many scarlet, burgundy and cherry shades formed the longest waves.However, the human eye is able to
spectrum of colors as some set of them, distributed in order of increasing wavelength was discovered by Newton in the course of his famous experiments with a prism.That he identified 7 clearly distinguishable colors, among them - 3 basic.Red relates to distinguishable and the major.All shades that distinguish between people - a vast region of the visible electromagnetic spectrum.Thus, color - is an electromagnetic wave of a certain length is not shorter than 400 but not longer than 700 nm.
Newton noticed that the light beams of different colors have different degrees of refraction.To put it more correctly, the glass refracts them differently.The maximum speed of the rays through a substance and, as a consequence, lower refrangibility contributed the maximum length of the waves.The red color is a visible display of the least refracted rays.
waves forming red
electromagnetic wave characterized by parameters such as the length, frequency and energy of the photon.Under the wavelength (λ) is commonly understood as the shortest distance between its points of that oscillate in the same phase.Basic units wavelengths:
- micron (millionth meter);
- nanometer or nanometer (one thousandth of a micron);
- angstroms (1/10 nanometer).
maximum possible wavelength of red is 780 nm (7800 angstroms) when passing through a vacuum.Minimum wavelength of the spectrum - 625 nm (6250 angstroms).
Another important indicator - the frequency of oscillation.It is interconnected with a length, so the wave can be set to any of these quantities.Red wave frequency in the range of 400 to 480 Hz.The energy of the photons at the same time forms a range from 1.68 to 1.98 eV.
red shades that people subconsciously perceived as warm or cold, from a scientific point of view, tend to have the opposite temperature.The colors associated with sunlight - red, orange, yellow - usually seen as a warm and opposite to them - as cold.
However, the theory of radiation proves the opposite: in red shades color temperature is much lower than that of the blue.In fact, it is easy to confirm that the hot young stars are bluish light, and fading - red;raskalivanii metal at first turns red, then yellow, and after - white.
According to Wien's law, there is an inverse relationship between the degree of heat wave and its length.The stronger the heated object, the greater the power of the radiation falls on the field of short waves, and vice versa.We can only remember where in the visible spectrum there is the greatest wavelength: red occupies the position, contrasting tones of blue, and is the least warm.
Shades of red, depending on the specific value, which has a wavelength, Red takes a variety of shades: red, crimson, burgundy, brick, cherry and so on. D.
Hue is characterized by 4 parameters.It's like:
- Ton - a place that takes a color in the spectrum of visible colors among 7.The length of the electromagnetic wave it sets the tone.
- Brightness - determined by the strength of the radiation energy of a specific hue.Limit the decrease in brightness leads to the fact that people see black.With the gradual increase in brightness will appear brown, for him - burgundy, after - red, while maximizing energy - a bright red.
- Grace - characterizes the closeness of color to white.White - this is the result of mixing of different wave spectra.In the sequential build this effect, the red color will turn into a crimson after - in pink, then - in light pink and finally white.
- Saturation - determines the distance of the color gray.Gray in nature - the three primary colors are mixed in different amounts by lowering light emission luminance to 50%.