Sales promotion product - one of the key objectives of any trade organization, typically implemented using conventional direct advertising of products and services.A worthy alternative to this method is a set of activities of trade marketing, which is a popular method in the world is growing day by day.Try to understand what the trade marketing and exactly how it works.
concept and essence of trade marketing
In general, trade marketing - a specially organized set of measures to stimulate the marketing of products used by companies in wholesale and retail trade.It is operated by a special tool to influence consumers at different levels.
This direct effect may be provided as end customers, and in the interim, the role of which perform party circuit sales promotion - sales representatives, distributors, dealers said.With regard to methods of influence, it can be both physical modalities, such as rewards, discounts, gifts or any other kind of motivation.
This way of stimulating more effective direct advertising - ATL, which all manufacturers are so eager to invest.While she simply reminds people of the promoted product and tries to convince him of the need to buy, trade marketing,
Objectives and tasks of trade marketing
As the main objective of stimulating marketing needs to be considered not a simple rise in profits or sales volumes in the short term or the long term.Mainly all actions directed at creating a positive image of the total of the manufacturer, the formation of a loyal customer relationship to itself and its goods.
Trade marketing involves achievement of key objectives by implementing the following list of problems:
- management sales. study of the psychological characteristics of a potential buyer, attracting his attention to the product, securing the information about it in the mind.
- Strengthening the position of the supplier on the market in terms of competition. conquest location of the consumer, creating a favorable image of the company, identifying the benefits of specific products and their promotion.
- technological improvement sales. space optimization salesrooms.
- management actions of the potential consumer. Accelerating the purchase decision and increase its amount.
Organization of Trade marketing company
Speaking of trade marketing, it should be noted that this is only one of many ways to promote product sales.At the enterprise it is an integral part of the overall marketing planning and budgeting, and should be carried out in close connection with the ongoing program of positioning and brand development.
Depending on the size of the organization, can be hired by a department or responsible specialist - Trade-marketer.In any case, a new unit or position will be part of an existing marketing department.It is also possible to transfer these functions to outsourcing.
newly entered above structural unit or the Contractor should do the study and analysis of the current state of the market, the development and implementation based on the data plan for trade-marketing activities to promote the product among intermediary trade organizations and consumers.
Main trade marketing tools
Toolkit trade marketing is extremely wide.Among the key instruments of its release:
- direct sales promotion.
- Providing discounts, bonuses commodity chain participants.
- Encouraging the final buyer in the form of gifts with the purchase, prize drawings.
- Merchandising .It includes implementation and control layout of goods in the field of sales, consulting, customer familiarization with new products in stores, carrying out of actions, contests and presentations.
- Special trade-marketing activities. This includes the organization of trade exhibitions and presentations, seminars, conferences and training courses for the staff of resellers.
decision on the use of various instruments adopted by the persons responsible for the implementation of trade-marketing strategy.The end result of the use of each of them is determined primarily by the peculiarities of the particular situation.
Working with resellers
Trade marketing - a system of knowledge that reveals exactly how you can affect the distributors, dealers, sales representatives, to those engaged in active promotion of the right product among customers.Among all the tools possible to allocate the impact of financial incentives intermediary distribution chain.Usually it is organized in the form of shares held by the supplier, which can be directed to:
- Expansion volume purchases. usually associated with a reduction in the purchase price, but the conditions for granting discounts may be different, for example:
- bonus, current at the time of the contract when purchasing a certain amount of goods.
- Periodic hot coupon deals.
- Providing commercial bonus for purchasing a specified volume of the goods.
- increase in sales volume. Such measures are aimed at getting the mediators of motivation to actively engage in the sale of a particular product.They can be implemented in different ways:
- establishment and promotion of the implementation of planned sales volumes.
- organization of competitions and prize draws for staff with good performance.
- the action "Mystery shopper" and rewarding the best employees.
- Increased distribution of goods from the points of sale. Lies in the intermediary remuneration for achieving one of the goals:
- Goods presented in the right number of sales locations.
- Installed number of points of sales represented by the desired range.
- Submitted specified conditions for display of goods in the field of marketing.
Merchandising as part of a trade marketing campaign
Trading marketing merchandising considering a specific set of events held in the territory of sales outlets and to increase the volume of sales to the end customer.All actions carried out to promote personnel from the manufacturer in agreement with the intermediary or not.Among the main activities can be distinguished:
- layout - a key point of merchandising.Goods on the shelves should be presented in such a way as to cause the buyer want to buy it.
- Regulation submitted product range.
- Preparation selling point: the definition of location of the pavilion in the mall, the realization of the right in terms of marketing zoning and design space, setting up lighting and sound.
- trading hall equipment: the selection of windows, mannequins, refrigeration and other equipment.
- Ensuring the point of sale POS-materials, which include leaflets and posters, price lists, information stands, shelves and so on.
- Implementation audioinformirovaniya and video presentations on the trading floor.
- Conducting advertising campaigns - lotteries, raffles, contests, possessing visitors to purchase a particular product.
Special trade-marketing activities
These types of incentives as well as merchandising, belong to the group of intangible, they are aimed mainly at increasing the loyalty of intermediate customers.There are the following varieties:
- Training seminars, trainings for staff resellers. These activities carried out for the better understanding of the current range and the characteristics of particular goods.
- Business meetings and conferences. is a periodic meeting of the representatives of the supplier and major resellers, which informally summarizes discussed further prospects of cooperation, identify problems and discuss solutions.These events are usually organized by the major network companies.
- Business show. Are part of customary business etiquette.They should only give over and pick up in such a way that they are most useful for the recipient.
activities aimed at the end customer
Despite the variety of methods of work with intermediaries, do not forget that trade marketing - it is also a set of effective methods of influence on consumer goods.Forming the additional motivation of the buyer, they are aimed at short-term increase in demand for the promoted product.The following types of such effects:
- Lotteries, games, contests, surprises. suggests the possibility of an unknown gain when buying goods.
- Organization of club programs. community gets the customers of a particular brand, the members of which are endowed with certain privileges.
- Charity events, sponsorship and event marketing. hold special events to attract all sorts to his target audience: concerts, festivals, parties, organized sporting events, town festivals.
- participation in trade fairs and the use of mobile promozon in crowded places.
- Distribution of leaflets about the product indicating the possible channels of purchase.
- Prize for purchase. can be arranged in the form of a gift in each package of goods, providing more volume for the same price of the shares of the "1 + 1".
- Sampling - Royalty free distribution of samples of goods.
- periodic decline in prices for goods and distribute coupons for future purchases discounted through magazines, and other items or by mail.
Efficiency trade-marketing activities
Besides mastery of tools, trade marketing manager must be able to properly assess the effectiveness of the activities conducted by the complex.This is quite an important point, since the implementation of a trading strategy - it is very costly and the management wants to know for sure how profitable this investment, and whether to continue to do it.
quality and communicative effectiveness of trade marketing campaign shows how successful her behavior affected the image of the manufacturer.Mainly here we are talking about increasing the brand awareness, loyalty to him, informed customers about the changes in pricing and product specific brand.
Economic efficiency is a calculated result from the use of complex tools sales promotion.Usually held on the basis of targets - sales, purchasing, distribution of goods, the size of the customer base.The analysis compares the values before and after the trade-marketing activities.
main stages of effective trade marketing
deal with the fact that such a trade-marketing, you should understand how to organize the process of its successful application.A set of steps as complex tools used will vary depending on the particular case.However, you can highlight the key stages of trade marketing program:
- internal goal setting, formulation of the expected results.
- Establishing necessary linkages in the commodity chain and the analysis of their options.
- Conducting training resellers.
- implementation of methods to increase the loyalty of participants commodity chain.
- Physical methods of influence on mediators.
- work with the end user.
- Efficiency Analysis conducted campaign.
The results should be compared with the expected.After making the appropriate corrections need to repeat the process again.The cyclic nature is connected not only with the inability to pick up on the first attempt the perfect trade marketing scheme, but also with non terms of internal and external environment that require adequate changes in the company itself.
Trade marketing - a joint activity of the chain links of trade to promote the product from producer to consumer.Competent her organization will be able to guarantee very positive results for all participants.