black screen when you start the operating system - one of the most common mistakes that occur among users.Symptoms of this error of Windows 7 is as follows: immediately after the download is complete, you should see when greeting and user selection dialog, nothing happens.The screen remains black, no controls are not displayed, the error messages appears.Causes of the problems may be different, and to figure out how to remove the black screen of Windows 7, will have to self-diagnose your computer and look for a solution.
Improper shutdown or a computer outage
If the error when you start Windows 7 is associated with unforeseen computer shuts down because of, for example, power failure, then it will help to fix the launch last known good configuration.The essence of the solutions that Windows writes the important parameters in a special file and if successful, start the computer marks them as workable.If after accidentally changing any of these parameters, the system can not start, it is possible to u
- turn off the computer;
- turn it on again;
- wait to go out the very first screen, which usually shows the name and model of the motherboard or a list of connected devices (hard disks, CD-drives);
- hold the F8 key, and wait for the menu with a choice of action.
Among the displayed boot options you can see the settings such as "Safe Mode", "Safe Mode with network drivers" and others.We find among them the parameter "Last Known Good Configuration", select it using the arrow keys and press Enter.
Selecting this menu item, 90% of the Windows boot pass without error, and the computer returns to normal functioning.
error caused by the installation of new drivers
We all like to update.Computer hardware manufacturers are well aware of this and periodically release the preliminary version of the drivers, marking them as beta-version.And if in the pursuit of a couple of extra frames per second in a favorite game you have downloaded and installed this version, and restart your computer when you met a black screen, then this is also a solution.It should be noted that such an error can occur and normal updates when you download the final stable version of the driver, but the installation fails.In any case, if the black screen appear after you have updated drivers for Windows 7, do the following:
- following the instructions in the previous section, start the window with a choice of options for booting the computer;
- arrows select "Safe Mode with network drivers" and press Enter.
Next you need to wait for the complete loading of the operating system.In safe mode, turn off all unnecessary services and drivers, including the sound driver and the video card, so that the launch of the system in this mode is almost always successful, if the problem lies in them.You should remove the problematic driver and replace it with workers.This is done as follows:
- right-click on the icon "Computer" from the context menu select "Properties".
- In the window, in the left-hand side, find the item "Device Manager" and click on it.
- Find the list of devices in the section "Display Adapters" expand it by double clicking the left mouse button.
- right-click on the name of the video card, open the context menu, select "Properties".
- In the next window open the tab "Driver" and select one of the possible actions:
- «Roll Back" (to delete the current version of the video driver, return to the previous);
- «Delete» (completely remove the current version of installed driver from the system).
If possible, it is best to choose the item "kickbacks."In any of the options after selecting actions follow the instructions of "Wizard", wait until the operation is completed and restart your computer.It should be remembered that after the complete removal of the drivers from the system need to re-download them from the manufacturer or installed from a disc that came with the equipment.
Black screen after installation of any program
This scenario is very simple and almost exactly the same as the steps in the previous section, so that most readers probably already guessed how to remove the black screen of Windows 7, which appeared after the installation of new software.The procedure is as follows:
- Follow the instructions in the previous section, start the computer in Safe Mode.
- Press "Start» - & gt;"Control panel".Find
- select "Programs and Features" and click on it.
- A list of applications and components, presented in tabular form.It is necessary to sort the list by clicking on the installation date sootvetvuyuschy column, then start looking for programs that have been installed on the day of the black screen.
- Select the desired component by clicking once with the left mouse button, and press the button that appears "Delete".
After that you should restart your computer and evaluate the result.
black screen caused by the change of system parameters
There are cases that remove the program that led to a black screen is not enough.Many of the programs, as well as official updates from Microsoft, in addition to copy your own files on the hard disk, and change some system settings.If you happened it is, and you do not know how to remove a black screen Windows 7 and restore the old settings, you must do the following:
- following the instructions in the previous section, start the computer in Safe Mode;
- click "Start" in the search box enter the word "recovery";
- results appear in select "System Restore" by clicking once with the left mouse button;
- in the window that appears, click "Next";
- select a restore point to which you want to roll back the system, and then click "Next", then "Done."
Do not worry for the safety of the files created before the date to which we have decided to roll back: when you restore files created by the user, will not be affected.It remains to wait until the operation is complete and then start the computer.
When all else fails
If all the methods described above, does not help and you still do not know how to remove the black screen of Windows 7, you should consider radical measures.Ordinary users can seek help from a qualified service center, which has professionals will relieve you of the error.The more advanced can try reinstalling Windows.This measure, though requires some knowledge and preparation, but one hundred percent guarantee success in getting rid of a black screen.In any of the scenarios chosen by you should make a backup copy of the files you need by entering the system in safe mode, and only then begin to act.