Modern realities require constant human development.If even some twenty years ago, higher education was considered exceptional and was not available to all, it is now not uncommon, two, three, or even more degrees.To realize the ambitious plans allows the existence of such advanced technology as remote training system.
What is it?
very name of pushing to the answer to this question.The word "distance" means the opportunity to study remotely, that is not expected to necessarily present in a certain place in specially allotted time for this.To realize this type of study allow modern communications in the form of a global network, audio-visual equipment, satellite communications.
DLS - distance learning system, which can be characterized as a complex, covering a wide range of software and hardware communications, guidelines and organizational measures to ensure students' educational information.It also includes carrying out the necessary verification of acquired knowledge.For this purpose computer networks.
It should be noted that such a system does not aim at ousting the traditional full-time, but only seeking to integrate as effectively as possible in it.Formation of this type of blended learning allows you to have a positive impact on the quality of education.
Remote system of education has a number of advantages over other forms of educational stationary.These include the following:
- opportunity to learn in a comfortable environment - at home or in the office;
- individual approach to each student;
- develop important qualities such as organization and autonomy;
- significant savings in time and effort;
- availability of communication with the teacher - an opportunity to ask questions in the individual mode;
- personal terms, taking into account the ability of the student.
stages and the process control system
Remote training system involves several steps:
- first - the process of learning with the help of programs;
- second - connection of certain elements of classroom education, in which different forms of control of acquired knowledge;
- third - independent work, including search and selection of necessary information for homework.
interaction with the students, as already noted, is done using global networks.The development needed for the implementation of the process of training programs and information materials is quite expensive and requires a lot of time and special skills.Therefore, to create a site you want to use the same system that requires a considered learning remote control.This will regulate and supervise the educational content and will allow for its rapid development.These purposes are systems in place to manage content, - Content management systems (CMS).With their help, you can create, share and manage information.They make it possible to generate and regulate the structure of the site, the design of the individual pages and navigation.
meaning of the concept of distance education
Electronic Distance Learning is a comprehensive range of different software products and solutions, some of which are located on the server, and some - on the personal computers of pupils.Interaction between them based on the data transfer takes place across a WAN.All the information that relates to the learning process (schedule, program statements, curricula) is stored on the server of the educational institution.
objective here delivering training materials is realized through electronic means.Face to face meetings of teachers and students now serve as enhanced education and include answers to complex questions, to discuss the problems, discussions and so on. D. Such a system of electronic distance learning makes it possible to involve students in the process of development of knowledge.
Distribution of remote forms of education
In today's world there is a considerable number of platforms, allowing to organize e-learning.The country of origin, as a rule - the USA, but some time ago they appeared in Russia.All existing programs can be divided into two categories: commercial - closed-source, free - open.One of them is the system of distance learning Moodle.
Features LMS Moodle
popularity of this educational complex can be attributed to its versatility and wide resources, using which you can create your own courses, manning their texts of lectures, problem-books, presentations, and other supporting materials.To use the LMS Moodle is right for any type of web browser, which makes it available for both teacher and learner.In other words, the system is not only a way to organize interactivity, but also as a medium for the formation of various categories of educational material.
author of the first version of Moodle is an Australian teacher Douzhiamas Martin, who introduced it to the public in 2002.It was intended for a university education, but later began to be used successfully for the organization of educational process in schools and corporations.
Distance learning system Moodle involves the formation of object-oriented dynamic learning environment.This means that its application is not limited to any one program, and creates a special educational sphere, suitable not only for interaction between teachers and students, but also to support full-time forms of education.It can also be used to organize and conduct the usual distance courses.
esteem LMS Moodle set.Among them are the following:
1. The possibility of free use, which does not provide for licensing, provides a free upgrade and receiving programs.
2. The code is open so you can make your adjustments, taking into account the features of national education or other needs.
3. Continuous development and improvement of software.
4. Easy to install, upgrade and operation.It is easily installed on a standard PC can run on all operating systems.
5. Functionality - enables you to manage all of the educational process.
Implementation LMS in the practice of Russian companies
greatest fame in use today received a distance learning system Railways, developed specifically for the staff of the Russian railways.It was created in order to unify the requirements of the educational program, whereby training of Railways held on labor protection and inspection received knowledge.
Her goal is to with minimal financial cost to create a system of training, which will increase the level of knowledge of Russian Railways personnel in the field of labor.All this is reflected in the principles that include:
- creation of a continuous process of training staff;
- planning further development based on research and evaluation of competencies;
- possibility of amending the training materials and programs based on the analysis of statistics monitoring the learning process;
- simplicity and accessibility of the educational complex;
- flexibility of teaching materials and the reality of their adaptation, taking into account peculiarities of the labor protection service Railways;
- opportunities for evaluation and improvement of teaching materials courses.
interesting example of control of the knowledge gained by the SDS demonstrates Kaskor distance learning system.This is a continuation of the above, designed for the control of knowledge of students - the staff of the Russian railways.Kaskor - an abbreviation which stands as follows: corporate automated control system of knowledge workers, the safety-related traffic based on the LMS.
Kaskor used as part of the certification of employees, quizzes and internal audit expertise.The program contains the criteria on which to determine the degree of readiness of employees to perform their duties, namely:
- knowledge documentation;
- range of professional skills;
- level of psychological preparedness.
Russian version of LMS
best option, common in the Russian-speaking environment, - distance learning system "Prometheus".This set allows you to organize a full-fledged educational process involving independent verification of the acquired knowledge.It is designed for large flows of students.DLS "Prometheus" can be used as an independent system, and as an adjunct to traditional fixed forms.
Remote training system includes a number of automated functions:
- redistribution of opportunities and access rights management system and to educational resources;
- management of educational process;
- management and control logs user activity involved in the educational process;
- training and assessment of knowledge in the global network.
LMS "Prometheus" includes a number of components that automate all the work.Among them are, as a subsystem of registration, payments, orders, manage groups, libraries, testing, etc.
Summing up, we note that modern technologies offer a wide range of possibilities for everyone who is committed to self-development and self-improvement.The case for small - to find among them their system.