fact that olive oil - the product is very useful for health, they know everything.It is rich in vitamin E and natural antioxidants.This oil centenarians.However, not everyone knows how to choose and buy olive oil.Try to understand and make some recommendations.
1. First examine the bottle and label.Where oil is produced and bottled?Production and bottling must have come from the same country.It is a guarantee of quality.If, for example, oil has been done in Brazil, and bottled in Uryupinsk, it is better to get around such a product side.
2. The label should indicate who made the butter and pour into bottles.If there is only information about the manufacturer or the company only on the product packaging, it means that bottling has not been made at the place of production and quality of the oil is in doubt.
3. Unlike wine, olive oil does not get better with time, but on the contrary, is losing its quality.Therefore it is necessary to buy the newly produced oil.
4. Containers in which spilled oil should be sealed and not to let the sunlight.It's best to buy oil in dark bottles.Sunlight accelerates the oxidation process, which spoils the quality and taste of olive oil.
5. Determination of acidity - an important parameter of assessing the quality of olive oil.The acidity has nothing to do with the intensity of taste.Olive oil is of excellent quality has low acidity and pleasant taste.Percent acidity - chemical parameter that measures the amount of free fatty acid oil.
6. The color of olive oil is not determined by its taste, aroma and quality.The color depends on the type and maturity of the olives from which the oil was made.For example, the oil extracted from the greenish hue still immature, green fruits, whereas the oil with a golden tint is made from ripe olives.In addition, most of the olive oil - a mixture of oils pressed from olives of different maturity.
7. In the selection of olive oil, it is important to focus on your own taste and purpose oil.For example, cooking oil, salad or soup cooking oil must be different from that used in cold sauces and salads that are not subject to heat treatment.For the preparation of hot dishes made to use a mixture of raw and refined olive oils.For cold dishes, and adding to the already cooked food is best suited unrefined olive oil.
8. Each type of olive oil has its own unique qualities, but that does not mean that one is better or worse than another.To find "their perfect olive oil", you need to try, to experiment, to seek, to choose among manufacturers and brands.
9. Olive oil with sediment, opaque - the result at the filtration, but that does not mean that it is of poor quality, or worse a clear oil.The precipitate - a particles olives which have not been filtered.
10. Refined olive oil, which are produced with the use of chemical substances, mixtures of olive oil with other vegetable oils - products of low quality.
11. Do not trust the olive oil of unknown firms with low price imported from countries where the olives do not grow.Good olive oil can not be cheap.
12. Keep the olive oil in a cool, dark place, but not in the refrigerator.Do not keep olive oil around the plate.
And remember that the product loses its quality with time, so do not store oil "in reserve".
Articles Source: shkolazhizni.ru