Children becoming nervous system occurs continuously, so it is important not to skip stages of its formation.Child neurologist (neurologist) - a doctor who oversees the child from birth to 18 years of age and checks the level of its development.
Child Neurology - preventive visits
There are recommendations for the period and frequency of treatment to a specialist:
- after discharge from the hospital or the baby reaches the age of one month.Since one month the child begins to see and hear.
- in the range from 3 months to 1 year should see a doctor several times.There are important changes: the development of motor activity, increased contact with the outside, there is the ability to pick up objects, crawling, and develop the skills of the seat.
- from 1.5 to 3 years - child neurologist will wait for you two times a year.During this period the baby to learn to speak, there is a first experience and impressions formed by memory, built a line of conduct with parents and friends.
- from 3 to 6 years old - an important stage in the life of a preschooler: the development of light motor skills, hand preparation to the letter, are emerging traits.
- from 7 to 11 years - the child takes place in society, learning to think abstractly, develops program teaching.
- from 11 to 13 years - children neurologist is necessary at a given time.During this period, puberty, changing appearance, emotional state and behavior of the teenager.
- from 13 to 18 years visited the doctor once a year.
This inspection is conducted to verify the development of the child at a certain age.
Symptoms, which refer to a pediatric neurologist
When observing these signs in a child, you must pay a visit to the neurologist:
- seizures during sleep or increase in temperature.
- complaints of frequent headaches.
- restless sleep.
- frequent regurgitation in infants.
- twitching hands, feet and chin in infants.
- distraction and lack of contact with peers.
- violation of motor, speech and cognitive development.
good pediatric neurologist will be able to choose an individual course of treatment for the child, taking into account its features.
For some diseases refer to a neurologist
pediatric neurologist can not only check the child's development, but also to the treatment of the following diseases:
- perinatal injuries of the nervous system.
- birth injury.
- cerebral palsy.
- traumatic brain injury.
- nervous system, obtained by inheritance.
- neuromuscular system.
- systemic disorders (eg stuttering, enuresis).
pediatric neurologist - specialist treatment
when viewed from the baby may appoint additional research:
- fundus examination.
After gathering the necessary information for children neurologist prescribes treatment, which includes both medicinal drugs and physical activities (massage therapy, swimming, gymnastics, physiotherapy).
should not delay the visit to the doctor, as the timely detection of pathology treatment is applied, and the healing process is faster.