pancreatitis in dogs, as in humans, is an inflammation of the pancreas, which is located in the abdominal cavity, next to the stomach and duodenum.Iron carries two main purposes - the production of digestive enzymes, then fall into the duodenum as well as the production of hormones and insulin chains entering directly into the bloodstream.
causes of pancreatitis in dogs
circumstances that may lead to the emergence of the disease:
- overweight and too fatty foods;
- sudden change in diet have a pet more mature years;
- state, which is accompanied by an increased amount of fat in the blood (hyperlipidemia, Cushing's syndrome, diabetes mellitus, hyperlipidemia, idiopathic miniature schnauzers, hyperthyroidism);
- large number of calcium levels (vitamin D intoxication, and cancers hyperparathyroidism).
direct factor of pancreatitis may be the use of certain drugs, such as:
- loop and thiazide diuretics;
- disease bile ducts, small intestine and liver;
- damage to the pancreas;
- organophosphate poisoning mixtures;
- shock (substantial and sustained reduction in blood pressure).
In most cases, the cause remains unknown diseases such as pancreatitis, the dog.
Symptoms in animals infected pancreatitis, found such acts as:
- stoop and humpback, because there are pains in the abdominal wall;
- flatulence (of the stomach);
- vomiting after meals;
- loud rumbling intestinal tract;
- acute pancreatitis in dogs is characterized by pruritus, refusal of food, lack of chairs and a sudden increase in body temperature;
- appearance of a liquid foam and thick with sour smell of feces.
should be noted that the initial period of the disease is a normal temperature and appetite pet.
sharp pancreatitis is primarily diagnosed droplets entering such drugs as "Sandostatin" in conjunction with the solution and Hartman "Gordoksom."As a result of their use of the animal health status is improving rapidly.Thus it is possible to prevent pancreatitis in dogs.
Symptoms and treatment of chronic disease can be as pets:
- animal feeds as usual, but at the same time lose weight;
- dog sheds all the time, her hair is unhealthy appearance;
- permanent therapy of pancreatitis should take place subject to the lifelong diet pet.
However, such symptoms can occur for other ailments.That's why, to determine chronic pancreatitis in dogs, require special diagnostics: ultrasound of the pancreas, blood and urine tests, as well as X-ray.
Therapy Treatment of acute pancreatitis is the right diet of the animal.The minimum required - minimum fasting day, then be given pet food in small doses.And feed should only dietary food with low fat.If properly treated and given dog food, then again it should not be ill (assuming that the character is not chronic disease).
to treatment of pancreatitis in dogs passed quickly and efficiently, it is very important:
- time to establish the disease;
- stick to a rigid diet;
- treat pet medications.
pancreatitis without complications usually treated conservatively.To date, no drugs, the effect of which is aimed only at eliminating inflammation in the pancreas.Such drugs as "Aprotinin", "Dopamine" (in minimal dosages) and many still others have shown their effectiveness only in the laboratory.When testing these drugs on animals they have shown to be ineffective.
What tools give?
main goal of drug therapy is to pass without complications pancreatitis in dogs.Symptoms and treatment should be interconnected, ie treatment is symptomatic.How to deal with the disease?
- Infusion therapy.It is performed to remove the dehydration and electrolyte disorders.For these tasks, use the dropper with colloid and crystalloid fluid.If the infusion is being treated properly, it may lead to the opposite results and the deterioration of the animal.Using colloidal mixtures (plasma, solutions of polysaccharides and "Dextran 70") for resumption of fluid volume is a major factor in disease therapy.
- Analgesics.Anesthesia is necessary for the removal of abdominal pain.Most of analgesics for the animals is "butorphanol" who inject intramuscularly every 8 hours.
- Proton pump inhibitors and H2-histamine blockers.Drugs in this series ("omeprazole" and "Famotidine") is used to reduce the production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach.
- antispasmodics.Means of this type are used in order to eliminate muscle contraction main pancreatic duct.This makes it possible to reduce the pressure in the ducts of the pancreas.To do this, introduce a 2% solution of papaverine hydrochloride, "shpy" 24% solution "aminophylline".
- Corticosteroids.Apply if pancreatitis in dogs is accompanied by a state of shock.
- antiemetic medicines ("Reglan", "Serena" and "Ondansetron") prescribed for pets with unrestrained vomiting.
- Antibiotics.They are appointed, if there is a risk of bacterial infection.If the animal has clinical and laboratory evidence of sepsis, while aminoglycosides are used, "ampicillin" every 8 hours and "Penicillin G" every 6 hours.
addition pancreatitis is required to monitor the level of glucose in the blood.
order to treat pancreatitis in dogs surgery, the following indications:
- blockage of the bile ducts;
- formation of pseudocysts and ulcers in the pancreas.
to determine such anomalies in most cases do abdominal ultrasound.In addition, the operation may be performed when the wire reinforced pancreatitis therapy, and the state of the pet continues to worsen.
Acute pancreatitis is usually completely reversible and no further treatment is required.
What to feed a dog with pancreatitis?
There are special rules of supply, which should be followed in the treatment of disease in pet:
- small portions of food.
- Frequent feeding (animal should be given a meal every 3-4 hours).
- All products have to be pulverized to prevent spontaneous gastric mucosal injury.
- volume carbohydrate and fat-containing foods in the diet should be reduced.
- menu should dominate protein foods (fish, cheese, and meat).
- forbidden to feed a sick pet fish and richness of beef broth.
- All acidic food is excluded from the diet.
- Fried foods are also unacceptable.
- Ready meals need not give very hot or not too cold.
- the amplification of pain appointed fasting (no more than 2 days).
main rule of the power of dogs with pancreatitis - reducing fat in the diet products.This is due to the fact that fats give a considerable burden on the pancreas, and during its start inflammation pain.
necessary to take into account the fact that even after the completion of treatment the animal may feel discomfort when taking fatty foods.
What foods are allowed to give the disease?
Nutrition dogs with pancreatitis may be special food created especially for them.The composition of feed includes all the necessary elements required for an unhealthy pet.
often happens that the animal is accustomed to tasty and different, but at the same time harmful products, does not wish to have dietetic food.In such a situation it is necessary to persevere and adapt to the dog.Famine in any case will have an effect, and the pet will have to have something that will.
addition to feed the animals allowed to give dietary meat (chicken, turkey or rabbit).It can be boiled, grind with a blender or meat grinder and mix with rice or couscous.Just in small doses can feed the dog with chopped vegetables in the form of puree.Permission is granted to incorporate into the diet low-fat fermented milk products (milk and cheese).
should not forget that giving your pet should be small portions, to produce an increased burden on the pancreas, as well as not to provoke an attack of the disease.
What products banned?
Pancreatitis in dogs involves the rejection of certain foods, namely:
- meats, spicy cheeses, sausages;
- fresh rye bread;
- oily fish and meat;
- beef and mutton fat;
- vegetables (corn, radish, spinach, cabbage, sorrel, parsley), grains and legumes.
body every pet is different, the development of pancreatitis can also be varied.In this regard it should be noted that a balanced diet, its duration and the composition may appoint a veterinarian.So no need to self-medicate.