method - the way the study or way of knowing reality.Each science has its own methods and systems methods and operations used in the study of any phenomena.
Methods of educational psychology are the same as in related humanities.Nevertheless, it should be said that the fundamental are experiment and observation.
Observation - deliberate, with a specific purpose and performed in the perception of the external manifestation of human actions, followed by analysis and explanation of behavior.
experiment - the systematic manipulation of one or more factors, and registration of changes in the behavior of the object of study.
Conventionally methods of educational psychology can be divided into 2 groups: the methods of organizing research and information gathering.The former include the longitudinal study, comparative and holistic methods.The second group - observation, experiment, survey, testing, interviews, clinical and standardized interview.
considering more methods of educational psychology, such as the collection of information, it should be noted that testing is a reduction to certain standards issues and challenges that have a certain scale of values.Tests are used to bring the standard to no one individual differences.By this method of gathering information imposed some requirements:
- age norms;
tests both methods and educational psychology presents several kinds:
- achievement tests, diagnosing the possession of knowledge, skills and abilities;
- intelligence tests that detect mental capacity;
- tests of creativity, examine and evaluate creative abilities;
- criterion-oriented, which reveal ZUNami ownership, necessary and sufficient to perform certain set of professional or educational problems;
- personal - measurement of various aspects of the personality;
- projective techniques - those who study personality, based on the psychological interpretation of the results of the projection;
- scaling - simulation method actually occurring processes with systems of numbers and coordinates.
subject and methods of educational psychology differ from the actual psychological only in that study the patterns of education and training through the use of categorical and instrumental aids other related sciences.Adds two groups of methods, because they have a significant impact on child development: it is psychological counseling and psychological correction.Form of consultation can be both individual and group;clients are a child or his legal representatives.Correction and development activities also take place in a different form, in the case of the preschool child, then choose a game in which he learns new skills.
in working with children apply such methods of educational psychology as the study of the products of activity - we are talking about works of checks and tests to find out how much was learned the material under study, questionnaires, to identify motives for learning.