Subject breastfeeding is, perhaps, the most topical among young mothers.How do you know if your child enough milk?What you need to know about night feedings?How to improve lactation?Consult experts on breastfeeding.
- When to end the breastfeeding?And are there any disadvantages have long feeding, if so, what?
weaning and suppression of lactation, regardless of the child's age and the reasons for the completion of feeding is reduced to a simple principle: "slowly, with love."This means that it is possible, you will be treated with love and respect not only to the needs of the child, but also to yourself and your body.There is a natural way to stop breastfeeding, it is the easiest for mothers, and least traumatic for the child.
Kid grows, the need for sucking will gradually decline, and soon lead to the complete excommunication breasts.When the baby is completely refuses the breast, hard to say, it can happen in a year, and may take up to 3-4 years.The last age limits fall into the category of rare cases.
There are other scenarios weaning "at the initiative of mothers", "at the initiative of the child", "if the mother is going to go to work", "for health reasons" and etc.Each pair of "mother-child" individual.Each case should be considered in private, taking into account the wishes of mother, child and the state of other nuances.
to stop feeding is not only correct term.You can feed your baby as much as consider it right and as necessary for your child.WHO recommends to maintain full breastfeeding up to 6 months, with introduction of complementary foods is desirable up to a year.But at the request of the child and the mother, it is possible to extend the process to two years.Evidence that prolonged breast-feeding makes the child more dependent on their parents or harm him in any other way, no.
- preferred to feed the baby by the hour or on demand?
WHO recommends to feed the baby at his request, not the regime.Breastfeeding is not only a way to satisfy your hunger for the child, but also to have a drink, relax and warm up on the handles mom.Moreover, demand - is not the cry of a baby, and the search reflex when he opens her mouth, turning his head and "looking for" breasts.
- Does long-term feeding for the development and perception of the world of boys and girls?There is a myth that you can not feed the boys for a long time.
really a myth.There were no confirmed evidence that prolonged breastfeeding has a negative impact on the physical health and development, child's perception of the world and his relationship with his parents, both boys and girls, no.
- How do you know if your child enough milk or not he eats?Do I have to baby dopaivat water?
There are several criteria by which we can determine whether enough baby food.
1. urination per day.A newborn baby urination corresponds to the number of days after birth, a child older than 14 days, they must be at least 12 times per day.
2. Weight gain.Frequent weighing not give an objective assessment of weight gain.Better weight control 1 per week or per month.It should be noted that being breastfed baby each month can gain weight is less than the established norms.It is important to be guided by the above methods for determining the adequacy of supply.
3. general well-being, health and development of the baby.A child who is exclusively breastfed, provided that the baby gets the breast on demand and not by the regime under the age of 6 months, dopaivat water is not necessary.There are studies that indicate that a child up to 1 year may be exclusively breast milk completely without harm to health.
- How often should I change the breast when feeding?
There is a rule for breastfeeding babies under the age of 3 weeks: the breast is given alternately, ie each breastfeeding - new breasts.This stimulates lactation, increase the amount of milk.
Frequent shifting from one breast to the other during a feeding can lead to the fact that the baby will receive only the "front" milk, "rear", a fat and nutritious, will not get.For the kid is not helpful.It happens that a child sucked 5-10 minutes and let the chest, in a short time even wanted to, in this case, you can give back the same breast.Total sucking child older than 3 weeks should be 40 minutes or more from one breast.As the child grows and sucks more quickly when feeding is reduced.
There is an option where appropriate supplementation of the other breast: the child sucks a breast for a long time, but still had enough and wants, and the first breast milk anymore.
These rules apply until the child is 3 months.
How to avoid the "poor attachment?"
This problem occurs quite often, especially with a first baby.Raise your baby to the breast, it is important to remember a few important points.Child is positioned so that its nose was on a level with the nipple.Feel the nipple of his upper lip, it will make your baby open his mouth wide and take a mouthful of breast.A large portion of the areola and nipple disappear into the baby's mouth.
Good attachment includes:
- the baby's mouth is wide open, his lips turned outwards and form an obtuse angle of 120-130 degrees, especially the lower lip and chin turned outwards baby Regarding the mother's breast.
- baby's head slightly tilted back, nose breathing freely, the nipple is deep in the baby's mouth.The tip of the nipple regard to the hard palate in the place where the so-called "sucking the point."It causes stimulation of the child begin to make sucking movements.
- sucking child produces two simultaneous movements: the lower jaw moves "up and down" and muscle-type peristaltic wave extends from the tip of the tongue to the base.There milking.By itself, it does not contain the nipple.In order to suck the milk you must press on the lactiferous sinuses, which are located under the areola.Sometimes you can see the baby's tongue lying on the bottom lip.The cheeks of the child should be rounded, not drawn.Sometimes sucking can move tabs.
- Many mothers who have a lot of milk, decant it.How much expressed milk can be stored in the refrigerator, and how best to use it then?
Expressed breast milk can be stored for a long time.It is important to observe the rules of the preparation of dishes for pumping.First the dishes are washed with soap and rinsed with tap water and sterilized.Sterilization can be replaced by filling with boiling water for a few minutes, then it should be drained.
prepared in such a way pot, expressed breast milk can be stored at room temperature in winter to 10 hours.In summer, the air conditioned room to 6 hours in the refrigerator (not in the door) to 5 days, in a bag-refrigerated ice - 24 hours.The refrigerator freezer (not in the door) 3 month in a separate freezer - 6 months.Do not forget to write the date on the dishes with the expressed milk.Boil the milk before feeding is not necessary, just to warm up.
express milk to maintain lactation should be 1 time per 3 hours.If there is no need for a milk bank, and the number of his large breasts can express after a feeding.It should be remembered that the pumping breast stimulates lactation and increases the amount of milk produced.
- The most common problem in breastfeeding women - lactostasis.How to deal with this disease and how to prevent its occurrence?
lactostasis - a blockage of the ducts fat drop of milk.Also lactostasis may occur when injury of the breast tissue.Usually affects one slice.It could turn into a hard, painful lump, with defined boundaries.The skin over the area may be red, become painful, possibly fever.Lactostasis often turns into an uninfected mastitis.Treatment of these conditions has been mammolog or the surgeon may need expert advice on breastfeeding.
prevention of lactostasis includes:
- control of good attachment to the breast;
- feeding a baby from different positions;
- interruptions in feeding should not exceed 5-6 hours for one breast.
- What if the mother got sick and needed treatment tablets, and even antibiotics?How can it affect the milk, and after the baby's health?
most drugs into breast milk in relatively small doses.Published studies to date show that most drugs are safe to take breast-feeding mothers.Of course, it is obvious that you need to be careful when taking certain medicines (lithium, anticancer drugs and radioactive products).However, the vast majority of drugs in milk in subclinical doses, and virtually harmless to a healthy baby.
mother and the doctor must weigh the risk of the drug in breast milk for the baby, and the risk associated with abstaining from breastfeeding for both mother and child.No need to stop breastfeeding for as long as you do not consult a physician in matters of safety of medicines.Mother with a doctor can almost always find a suitable safe drug for the treatment of diseases of the mother, without interrupting breastfeeding.
- Menu for nursing mothers: it is categorically impossible, and you need to be sure to eat?
best nutrition for nursing mothers - balanced.There is no product that could not be there all mothers flatly.Everything is very individual.Of course, there is the potential for the development of food allergy in a child in the mother's diet:
- cow's milk and its products.They contain foreign proteins that can cause allergic reactions in the baby;
- foods that contain preservatives, stabilizers, emulsifiers, canned food (other than home), even green beans and condensed milk.
- exotic products (unusual for this particular mother).
But what should not be forgotten: drinking regime.A nursing mother should drink 1.5-2 liters per day of liquid.
- Does excess breast milk to the baby's weight?And from what the kid can get better?
excess breast milk does not affect the weight of the child.This is because children are born with the ability to control your appetite and satiety.Child can not overfeed breast milk, he eats as much as he needs.With age, the body baby he changed the scheme of feeding, respectively changing needs, no need to force a child to eat, or eat up "the norm."Excessive weight gain of the child may need counseling pediatrician and endocrinologist.
physiological excess milk happens, usually 7-10 days after delivery.When properly organized GW (feeding the baby on demand and not by the regime, the absence of express and frequent shifting from one breast to the other during one feeding) of milk will eventually be released as long as necessary to your child.
Even after you have stopped breastfeeding, it is necessary to monitor the baby's diet.Children tend to become "puffy" if their diet dominated "fast" carbohydrates, and wherein the physical activity is insufficient.These are general recommendations.In each case, you should consult your pediatrician.
- Can during breastfeeding sports, fitness and swimming?
Yes, it is possible, following the daily routine, exercise and rest.Catching up on sports, you have to remember about drinking regime - 1.5-2 liters, plus a liquid to make up for water loss during exercise.
- Another important issue for women.After feeding, the breast loses its shape.How can I restore the old form?Or, this issue should immediately contact a plastic surgeon?
mammary gland consists of glandular tissue, not muscle.Unfortunately, the "pump" and radically correct the shape of the chest can not exercise.There are guidelines that can help you: adequate exercise all the muscles of the body;on the muscles that support the breasts;swimming;comfortable bra;the absence of sharp fluctuations in weight and smooth completion of lactation.
Articles Source: nanya.ru