Relative pronouns, along with personal, possessive pronouns and other bits do not call objects and features as other independent parts of speech, but the point to them.Therefore, basically, only by context, we can determine the specific meaning of pronouns.For example, the word "that" in the sentence: "That in a row house?" Is the question pronoun, as in the sentence: "I had a dream that I remember for a long time" - a relative.
semantic and morphological characteristics and properties of pronouns allow them to relate to the adjectives, numerals, nouns, adverbs.It stands out so-called impersonal pronoun:
- pronoun-noun: someone, somebody, someone, you, me, etc .;
- pronouns, adjectives such another, somebody's, etc .;
- pronouns, adverbs: once, always, why, there, etc .;
- pronouns comparable impersonal predicative words, ie,impersonal pronouns are what;
- pronouns, numerals, how many, many (indicate the number of generalized).
relative pronoun in the Russian language has a number of features.They are characterized by semantic and grammatical diversity, aswords in this group - what, whose, which many - can express and question the relationship, and can act as a proposal allied words.In the first meaning they contain a question on the subject, symptoms, and do not point to it, and in the second - and connect the main part in the paranasal slozhnopodchinёnnom sentence.
grammatical subtleties relative pronouns
- Relative pronouns someone that not have the category of number and kind.But they can be used to determine an animate or inanimate object in question.At the same time, the pronoun who has the ability to associative with the words that are in the singular and plural: But those who still argue with him yesterday, today, nods approvingly.I do not remember who was laughing with you!
- The proposal with the pronoun who , to reach agreement with the female gender, often used the pronoun such : I was wondering who this girl .This is due to the fact that the words grammatical rules that are associated with a pronoun who are used in the form of a male type.
- If that pronoun in the sentence is the word union, his family is determined by tribal affiliation noun with which it is associated: dream that had a father, a long time did not give us rest. Usually words that are associated with the pronoun used in the form of the neuter.
- pronoun that traditionally used only in the singular: What we either listened to the engine, and we remained unclear what was noise.
- Relative pronouns someone that declined as follows: someone like pronouns this, that, and that - as a whole: Who - this one - of what - those of whom - about this, etc.What - the whole thing - all that - all what - everything about anything - everything, etc.
- slozhnopodchinёnnyh in performing the function of the Union speech proposals, relative pronouns are members of offers and are accentuated in accordance with this: Tell you what assessment of the control? (the word "any" is underlined by a wavy line, as a pronoun)
moot point in the morphology
Not all linguists, authors of textbooks and manuals on Russian language, agree to release relative and interrogativepronouns in separate categories.Some consider them the same words, in sentences that simply perform different tasks:
- serve to express a question in interrogative sentences;
- play the role of the union of words.
Thus, in their calculations have no pronouns meaningfully 9 and 8 bits.
According to other linguists, and the majority of them, these are the words of different categories, but matching shape, ieis a homonym.