marketing strategy is the development of such strategic decisions that will ensure the effective implementation of the tasks in the medium and short term.
If a firm does not have a strategy, it will always be behind its competitors, so it is important to select some basic, global direction of marketing activities, of which there are two:
1. segmentation strategy.Implies an increase in the degree of saturation of consumer groups existing in goods and services on the already conquered market segments.
2. diversification strategy.Involves the development of production of new products and new markets, are not related to the main activity of the company.
main types of marketing strategies
1. Strategy Leadership.
2. Strategy "military" (offensive, defensive, strategy of retreat).
3. Strategy, which are based on market demand (conversion strategy, creative, stimulating, supportive, counter-marketing and remarketing, demarketing, sinhromarketing).
Types of marketing strategies depending on the objectives that the company has set itself, and the means to achieve them
1. The conquest of market share or expand it to set parameters (mass and rate of profit), under which would provide an effective andprofitability.The conquest of a certain segment of the market share, or it is done through the issuance and introduction of new products, the formation of new consumer needs.And the expansion of the market share occupied by its traditional production involves the displacement of a competitor from the market.
2. innovation strategy involves the creation of products that are not yet on the market are unique, that is fundamentally new products that focus on as yet unknown (unconscious) needs.
3. Innovative imitation.It does not mean the creation of innovation and copying in accordance with the developments of competitors.
4. Product differentiation.It implies improvement, modification of traditional products that the company produces.
5. Reduction of production costs.The direction of the strategy - is to increase competitiveness of the produced goods through price competition (sales of products at reduced prices due to the introduction of innovations in the production process and, therefore, cost reduction).
Types of marketing strategies in terms of lower costs: reduced costs for advertising, research and development, maintenance, implementation of new technologies and efficient equipment, etc.
6. The strategy of waiting.It is advisable to use it in the case when the product demand trends and development conditions are not defined.In this case, the company prefers to abstain from having to introduce their product to the market, after studying the actions of their competitors.If there is strong demand, the large firm will be easy to quickly develop mass production of goods and to establish sales, thereby suppressing a small company competing innovator.
7. Customization consumer.Particularly well this strategy is used by companies that produce manufacturing equipment, focused on the individual customer orders, as well as specifications and developed their projects.
8. Internationalization.Development of marketing strategies in this case is the systematic and processing foreign markets.
9. Cooperation.It requires cooperation with other enterprises on a mutually beneficial basis.A widespread form of such a strategy - is the creation of joint international corporations.
Thus, we examined existing types of marketing strategies.To help the company determine the future course of action, there are special matrices.