One of the weapons of mass destruction is a chemical weapon.The principle of its action is in the toxic poisoning of the environment and people.It may be in the form of rockets, bombs, mines or other means of application.They contain toxic substances.The international community has attempted several times to ban the use of these weapons.However, its production does not stop.
Chemical weapons are divided into several types.Depending on the type of agent and its effects on the human body as the following types:
1. The substance may have effects on the central nervous system of humans.The result is a rapid loss of a large number of personnel.Death under the influence of this type of chemical weapon is very high.
2. The next type affects the body through the skin and respiratory system.This chemical weapon is a spray or vapor.
3. is the fastest weapons containing substances that affect the entire body.They penetrate into the blood with oxygen and quickly spread to tissues and organs.
4. Substances affecting the lungs and cause a suffocating effect, part of another type of weapon chemical exposure.
5. The latter type - a chemical weapon, which contains substances that have a temporary effect on the mental state of a person.It is not fatal, but can cause passing deafness, blindness, a state of panic and fear, some other mental disorders.
There are also substances that cause irritation effect.They have a short-term impact, which is realized in the form of sneezing or watery eyes.These substances are taken up by the police in several countries.
distinguish types of chemical weapons and combat supplies:
1. Lethal Weapon destroys manpower.
2. The second type of temporary withdrawal of people from the building.The period depends on the kind of the harmful substances.
Sometimes the use of non-lethal weapons can be lethal.This occurs when a significant excess of its concentration.Such cases were reported during the Vietnam War.
Depending on the speed of the impact, chemical weapons are divided into slow-and fast.It also depends on the substance contained.Fast effects are irritating, nerve agents and psychotropic components.Slow effects are choking and blister agents.
also distinguish elements with long and short exposure time.Unstable substances act for a few minutes and can cause a persistent long-term negative consequences (up to several weeks).
war in which chemical warfare has demonstrated its ineffectiveness.Despite the fatal harm that could cause the use of certain substances for their application requires certain conditions.For example, weather conditions.
Russia signed an agreement on non-use of chemical weapons.In this regard, a program for the destruction of all its species.
To reduce the risk of fire should be used to protect against chemical weapons.
where the main role played by the timely detection of problems and finding ways to fix it.As the use of individual means of masks and special clothing.But for mass lesion arises the need to protect a large number of people.For this there are special facilities equipped with filters and ventilation, preventing the spread of toxic substances.
use of chemical weapons must be reduced and completely ban.It should be fully controlled by international organizations.