Cuba - a country that attracts tourists with its unusual atmosphere.Currency Cuba and the country's financial system also did not like the others.We propose to consider this issue in more detail.
Republic of Cuba - Isle of Freedom
State of Cuba - it is more than 1,600 islands, is located in the Caribbean Sea, between North and South America.
On the main island is about three hundred beaches that stretched the entire length of the coastline of Cuba.And it is about 1250 kilometers.
tourists here is good to be in the winter and in the summer - the temperature is favorable for year-round recreation.For example, from November to April the air warms up to + 28-320S and water - up to + 250C.From April to October, the temperature rises to + 370C, and the water - to + 280C.Throughout the year, sunny weather prevails.
As for cultural programs in Cuba have where to go and what to see.The best-known attractions are The Capitol of Havana, the historic center of the capital of Cuba - Old Havana, Cathedral of St. Christopher on the area of Cienaga, Hemingway House Museum, the Colon Cemetery, the fortress Castillo de la Real Fuerza, Malecon, Havana's Grand Theatre and much more.
What is the currency in Cuba?
This question is always important for any tourist.The national currency of Cuba - a Cuban peso, which is equal to one hundred cents.
With regard to par, then there are the following varieties:
- -peso notes: 1, 3, 5, 10, 20, 50;
- -peso coins: 1 and 3;
- cent coins: 1, 2, 5, 20 and 40.
Also, the country has a special kind of the peso - convertible.It is equivalent to the dollar at the rate of 1: 0.9 and is designed specifically for tourists.From the usual convertible peso different inscription «convertible».Convertible peso, you can pay for purchases of goods, taxi, transportation, departure tax.
To pay with American dollars tourists can only in some large hotels and restaurants.But there is always the probability that the currency will refuse to accept.
Currency Cuba and its exchange
Cuba to exchange currency can be banks, exchange offices and many hotels.As a result, any currency exchange tax is charged at 8%.
When exchanging US dollars provides for the Commission, the amount of which is equal to 10% of the exchange.When the conversion of foreign currency, this collection is missing.
As a result, instead of sharing the euro, British pounds, Canadian dollars, Swiss francs, you can get a convertible peso.
Hours Cuban banks: 8:30 (some with 9:00) and 15:00 (sometimes 15:30 or 16:00), with a lunch break from 12:00 to 13:00 on weekdays,from 8:30 to 10:30 on Saturday.Other exchangers are mostly working around the clock.
Perhaps these financial tips to help make your stay in Cuba memorable:
- though Cuba and the peso currency, tourists better to exchange money on the convertible peso;
- can use credit cards VISA, EUROCARD, and others, except AMERICAN EXPRESS;
- in the country does not accept cards and traveler's checks, which are issued by a US bank;
- better to take a euro, British pounds, Canadian dollars and Swiss francs than US dollars;
- Cuban peso is convenient enough to pay off in remote from the center of the field (for example, in the outback can be expensive, but eat and pay pesos);
- exchange offices constantly long queues, so it is better to change the money to pesos;
- on all credit card transactions exist tax 11.24%;
- restrictions on the import and export of currency is not present, only if the amount specified in the customs declaration, and for export, you must have also a check from a bank or exchange office, which confirms the legality of the currency;
- exchange rate in virtually all exchange offices of the same at the level of the state.